For many years Armor has been producing and supplying a range of light to medium weight Ballistic and Attack Resistant panels (ArmorPanel) suitable for use by the construction industry. These fibreglass based systems are designed to be a cost effective alternative to the common mild steel options that are regularly used to “harden” buildings or structures for either wall or door systems.
Offered as a Total Solution with supporting MSDS and Installation Guide, ArmorPanel is available to meet a range of threats from Intruder/Attack Resistant Standards (including AS3555) and Ballistic Standards such AS/NZS2343:1997 and NIJ STD 0108.01.
- Lower installation costs-Estimated to be up to 50% less than equivalent Steel Solutions;
- Allows architects greater flexibility when designing walls as they are not constrained by the restrictive steel wall;
- The system can be installed by standard building contractors which negates the need to sub contract the installation out to a specialist security installation firm;
- Panels can be cut on site which allows the contractors flexibility if there are any unforeseen problems during the building;
- Significant reductions in the dead load placed on the frames, fixtures and most importantly the floor. This becomes more evident when the structure being hardened is being built above ground level. For example a Bank on the second floor of a shopping centre;
- Ease of processing on site due to composite based lightweight system and no special tools required to cut when compared to steel based solutions, which in turn offers a cost benefit due to quicker completion to operational status;
- Reduced OH&S issues compared to heavy steel solutions as panels are significantly lighter;
- Lower freight costs to site;
- Corrosion Resistant System that can remain within the structure for its life unaffected by the elements; and
- Significant increase in Anti-Ricochet (Spalling Effect) protection if the wall is Ballistic Impacted. This is due to the system being composite based and is more likely to trap or contain the projectile where steel may allow the projectile to skid off or fragment posing increased risk due to projectiles or fragments re-entering the room.
Applications for ArmorPanel:
- Financial Institutions
- Payroll Offices
- Police Stations and Law Enforcement Agencies
- Government Buildings
- Hardening of Military Installations
- Guard Post/House
- Postal Offices
- Reception Areas